Thursday, January 31, 2008

CARNIVAL VENTING!

Okay so here is where I get into my real honest thoughts.

Well rite now, my biggest gripe, like anyone that is not in the land of oil and music twin islands is Carnival. However, my annoyance is not what you think.

First off, I’ll put it right out there, I am not crazy about this festival thing. Its nice…I mean nice concept and all. Togetherness, good music, good vibes, 2 day holiday from work/school…whatever…all that jazz is all well and good. But come onnnnnnnnnnnn….is it everything all you carnival jumbies make it out be??? Now I come from a long line of carnival fanatics eh..so doh say I just being so cuz I never play mas and “I never experience a good fete yet”…My father is Mr.fete self!...you go see my father in everything from ortinola to insomnia and most probably he in Tribe tonite takin a lime with his boys (my mom did the right thing and buss it to Tortola for the season..a woman after my own heart..lol) My dad has always been of the firm belief that once we work hard we could party hard so I’ve bacchanaling on Wednesday and having that girl power since about 14..My uncle is a big Caribana King man up here in Canadaas well... Big up Uncle Ronnie! My sister….well fuh those who know my sister….I doh have to say much more…She take ALL the carnival genes…I get a lil bit eh cuz I love my lil Machel and I cud take a good fete when I in the mood…doh talk for my brother…he eh get none!

So according to my friends and family I just against the whole concept cuz the last time I play I was in Lower 6 and had a boyfriend that follow me around whole day and I never play with a big group of friends. I open to it…but I not takin out a carnival loan or missing class just to see if they right. I jus doh see why I payin dem people thousandssssssssssss of dollars for ME to walk in the sun. They not carrying me on their back or nuttin yuh know. I..Me..hadda do the walking! I real never see more! I would pay that money to see one of you'll walk that distance on a regular Monday and Tuesday in October….yeh exactly…yuh mad!! If yuh hadda walk too far from the carpark to the mall Christmas time iz screw yuh screwing! Yuh doh realize iz level chain up people eatin here! Lol..Now all of that being said there…I’s a person that cud eat chain up easy…so if my break week happenssss…just coincidentally…by chanceeeeeee falls around the time of Carnival one year you mighttttttttt see me…but I not playin if I doh get them flagstands from back in the day! LOL

Ok peeps….Over and out! Be safe all those @ home. All of us up here…take that 3000 and go buy a bess pair of shoes and I sure u wud still have money leff over..peace outttt…byeee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have not been staying committed to writing on your blog? Why is that? :)

I found your blog while looking up carnival loans. I can't believe people do that